Hobbiton & Rotorua including Wai-O-Tapu - Small Group Tour from Auckland
- Durata: 13 Ore (circa)
- Codice prodotto: 005CK
This tour is only operating on Sunday and Monday due to Wai-O-Tapu staff shortages. Please only book for those days.
Hobbiton & Rotorua Wai-O-Tapu Tour, small group, fully-guided day trip combines two of the top attractions in the North Island together to form the ultimate day trip from Auckland. Different from many other tours, the guided tours at both Hobbiton & Wai-O-Tapu ensure you get the full experience. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge, and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
- Hobbiton & Alexander Family Sheep Farm
- Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Park
- Champagne Lake & Devils Bath
- Rotorua City Highlights
1. Auckland - Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out and guide you past some of the city’s top highlights.
2. Waikato – Exiting Auckland we travel south through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, encountering beautiful scenery, mighty rivers, great photo opportunities, impressive mountains and several farm animals along the way.
3. Hobbiton Movie Set – Arriving at the first feature attraction ‘Hobbiton’ you will board one of the big green Hobbiton buses and depart on a two hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12 acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. During your tour step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies and enjoy a cold complimentary beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub ‘The Green Dragon Inn’.
4. Tirau – Departing for Rotorua we pass through Tirau, famously dubbed the 'Corrugated Iron Capital of the World' because of the many unique corrugated iron sculptures and buildings. This town never fails to get a look and a laugh and our guides will point out all the main highlights on the way through.
5. Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland – Arriving at our second feature destination you will experience a fully guided tour of Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland. Considered one of the most surreal places on earth, here you will see the famous Champagne Lake, Devil's Bath, local mud-pools, geothermal craters and other geothermal wonders. The colours and activity will take your breath away.
6. Rotorua City Highlights – To finish off our Rotorua experience we do a guided driving tour seeing the most famous sites in Rotorua city including: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua Museum, Government Gardens, Whangapipiro (Rachel Spring) & the Blue Baths. If there is time, we may even visit a special souvenir shop for some discounted shopping and to
try Manuka Honey.
7. Auckland – Sadly we must then start to head north again but your day is not over with a fully guided return trip to Auckland including secret stops along the way.
- Small Group Tour
- Fully Guided
- Entry Tickets
- Bottled Water
- One-way option from Auckland to Rotorua
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it is our small groups, our guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.