Mt Ruapehu Ski &/or Tongariro Crossing Transport from Auckland
- Duration: 53 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Auckland
- Product code: 0022CK
Mt Ruapehu Ski &/or Tongariro Crossing Transport. Get your mountain fix and ski/snowboard both sides of Mt Ruapehu or combine a Tongariro Crossing hike with 1-day skiing/snowboarding, all with guided return transport from Auckland. This 3 day tour picks up from several central locations in Auckland, including Albany, Takapuna, Auckland Central and Manukau, before departing on a fully guided tour to the North Island’s premier ski & hiking fields in Tongariro National Park. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge, and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
· Fully guided return transport to Tongariro National Park
· Transfer to both ski fields (Whakapapa & Turoa) or Tongariro Crossing pickup/drop-off points
· Add ski passes and equipment at a discounted price
1. Auckland - Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland. On the way to the mountain your guide will point out all the highlights of the areas you are passing through and also stop for rest and dinner breaks. You will be transported to the mountain in small group, comfortable minibuses with all the comforts you can ask for. These include
a entertainment screen, WiFi access, charging points next to each seat row, storage space for ski equipment and refreshments in the vehicle.
2. Ohakune - Arriving mid evening you will be dropped at your hotel for the night to settle in or maybe head out and enjoy the alpine atmosphere that Ohakune is famous for.
3. Ohakune - In the morning you will be picked up from your accommodation around 7am for a guided tour through the National Park to either Whakapapa Ski Field or the Tongariro Crossing start point.
4. Whakapapa (Option 1) – At Whakapapa you can ski, snowboard, get some lessons, toboggan or just enjoy the mountain from one of the cafes.
5. Tongariro Crossing (Option 2) – Often described as New Zealand's greatest day walk, this 8 hour Tongariro Alpine Crossing is a challenging journey across a remarkable volcanic landscape.
6. Ohakune - After a day of fun you will be transported back to Ohakune for the night and to enjoy the town.
7. Ohakune – This morning you will be picked up from your accommodation from 8:30am and guided up Turoa Ski Field for another full day of snow fun.
8. Turoa – At Turoa you have another full day to enjoy snowboarding, skiing or just playing in the snow. Leaving the mountain late afternoon, we make our way back to Auckland once again stopping for rest and food breaks.
9. Auckland – Unfortunately the adventure has come to an end and our guide will drop you back at one of the departure points in Auckland and say their farewells.
· Return small group transport from Auckland
· Refreshments in the vehicle
· Return transfers from accommodation to ski fields or Tongariro Crossing start/end points
· Ski equipment
· Ski-lift passes
· Alpine clothing
· Ski/snowboarding lessons
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it’s our small groups, guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.