Auckland's Wild West Coast & Black Sand Beaches Tour including Craft Beer Brewery Lunch and Tasting (CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE)
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Auckland
- Product code: 022CK
Auckland’s Wild West Coast Tour, this small group, fully-guided day trip combines the best the west coast of Auckland has to offer. Done jointly with our Auckland Highlights Tour makes the ultimate Auckland experience. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge, and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
- West Coast Black Sand Beaches & Rugged Coastline
- Muriwai Gannet Colony
- Hallertau Brewery Lunch
- Craft Beer Tasting
1. Auckland Sky Tower – Departing from the famous landmark of the Auckland Sky Tower, our west coast adventure begins with a guided tour out of the city centre over the famous Harbour Bridge to Auckland’s North Shore. We then head west towards the affluent areas of Coatesville, Kumeu & Riverhead. While on this journey our guides will point out all the main attractions and tell stories about the area along the way.
2. Hallertau Brewery - Arriving at the craft beer brewery Hallertau, you will be treated to a delicious lunch of your choice from a special set menu. Following lunch we have the opportunity to taste some of Hallertau’s winning craft beers before continuing our day.
3. Muriwai Beach - A short drive from the brewery we arrive at the wild west coast black sand beach of Muriwai. Exploring this area, you will be amazed by the rugged coastline, unique black sand and the feel of raw natural power that surrounds the area.
4. Muriwai Gannet Colony – Walking up the hill from the beach not only will you be treated to amazing views but also have the chance to see the largest mainland gannet colony in the North Island. Getting this close to these impressive ocean mastering birds is a special experience. (Bird numbers vary at different times of the year).
5. Auckland City - After a great afternoon exploring Auckland’s West Coast it is time to head back to the city with a fully guided return trip dropping off at city central locations and hotels.
- Small Group Tour
- Fully Guided
- Lunch (set menu)
- Craft Beer Tasting
- Park entry fees
- We recommend doing our Auckland City Highlights Small Group Tour in the morning before this tour for the full Auckland experience.
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it’s our small groups, guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.