Coromandel Peninsula Highlights Small Group Tour from Auckland (CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE)
- Duration: 12 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Auckland
- Product code: 002CK
*Please note: Due to the extensive damage in the Coromandel caused by Cyclone Gabrielle, we will not be operating this tour as of May. We do not know how long it will be unavailable, but will make sure to keep the availability up to date.
Coromandel Peninsula Highlights Tour, this small group, fully guided day trip gives you real time to enjoy the two main attractions, not rushing you like many other tours do. After all, you are in the paradise of Coromandel and at a beach, you want time to relax and explore. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge, and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
- Cathedral Cove
- Hot Water Beach
- Coromandel Peninsula
- Native Bush Walk
1. Auckland - Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out and guide you past some of the city’s top highlights.
2. Waikato - Exiting Auckland we travel south through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, encountering beautiful scenery, mighty rivers, great photo opportunities, impressive mountains and several farm animals along the way.
3. Coromandel Peninsula – As we enter the Coromandel Peninsula we will begin to discover it’s untouched beauty. Famous as a favourite holiday spot for locals this area is rich with stunning white sand beaches, extensive native forests and unbeatable views of the Pacific Ocean coastline. We will stop many times for short walks to viewpoints and great spots for photos during our journey through this breath-taking area, on the way to our first feature destination.
4. Cathedral Cove - Cathedral Cove, our first feature attraction, also features in The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian movie. Cathedral Cove is one of New Zealand's most famous and beautiful beaches and a must do activity for any visitor to New Zealand. There are no roads to this beach so we will need to take a native bush walk to get there. Once we are there, we can take some time to relax, sunbathe, swim, play sport or just enjoy the spectacular views.
5. Hot Water Beach – Departing Cathedral Cove and after a yummy lunch (at own expense) our next stop is the renowned Hot Water Beach. Here you can dig a hole in the sand to create your own naturally-heated geothermal water bath. *Tip: Dig your hole at the edge of the beach to allow ocean waves to gently roll in and cool you off occasionally. What could be better than a natural geothermal spa on the beach!
6. Auckland – Sadly after this day in paradise we must start to head north again but your day is not over with a fully guided return trip to Auckland including secret stops along the way.
- Small Group Tour
- Fully Guided
- Bottled Water
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it is our small groups, our guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.