The Grand Tour
- Duration: 40 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Franz Josef
- Product code: TRIP4
Price valid to 30 September 2019 / from 01 October 2019 new rates apply - This flight brings together all the highlights of our flight packages in one ultimate experience!
Explore the Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers as well as taking in Aoraki/Mt Cook (New Zealand’s highest mountain), Mt Tasman, and Tasman Glacier.
A snow landing and some magnificent photo opportunities are the icing on the cake. As a bonus, weather permitting, we cross the main divide to view the Tasman Glacier.This flight departs from our Fox Glacier flight centre and Franz Josef flight centre.
Allow 40 minutes
Essential gear for snow landings:
- Covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine) or hiking boots
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for wearing on the snow. Occasionally the temperature can be 5-10 degrees cooler on the snow than it is in the village. Check with our ground crew if you are unsure of what to wear
- Plenty of room on your memory card and/or phone for photos. Please note: Selfie sticks, especially extendable ones, are a safety hazard and are best left behind
- Please note that we do not allow passengers to use iPads to take photos during flights as they can impede the view of the pilot and other passengers. You're very welcome to bring along another means of taking your photos (phone, camera or GoPro are all great).
Check-in time is 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. This allows time for payment processing and aircraft allocation.
Flight duration is only approximate:
Pricing is in New Zealand dollars, includes GST and valid to 30 September 2019 / from 01 October 2019 new rates apply. Minimum numbers apply.
FOX GLACIER and FRANZ JOSEF Office Hours:
Summer (November-March) 7.00AM to 9.00PM / Winter (April-October) 8.00AM to 6.00PM.
Please note: snow landings are subject to weather conditions and are at the pilot’s discretion.