- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Haast, West Coast
- Product code: TRIP4
A once-in-a-lifetime 2-hour flight through Mt Aspiring & Fiordland National Park to Milford Sound.
Enjoy unique views of untouched glaciers, alpine lakes and the stunning Mt Aspiring, before descending into the mighty Milford Sound. Your trip can be tailor-made so that you can rendezvous with a cruise boat trip, kayak trip, or just enjoy a relaxing lunch and a stroll along the waterfront.
Fly out over Milford Sound taking in stunning waterfalls with their majestic misty rainbow colours and sheer, rugged cliffs disappearing into the fiord. Flying back to Haast we take you via the rugged, untamed Fiordland coastline with the chance of spotting penguins, seal colonies, dolphins, and whales.
Access to Milford is often easier from Haast because we are able to fly in via the coastline. This flight will save you days of travel and gets you away from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist centres. We specialise in making this a personalised experience for you.
This flight departs daily from our Haast flight centre.
Allow 120 minutes or three hours with a landing. Half day trips are available on request.
Essential gear for snow and alpine landings:
- Covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine) or hiking boots
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for wearing on the snow. Occasionally the temperature can be 5-10 degrees cooler on the snow than it is in the village. Check with our ground crew if you are unsure of what to wear
- Plenty of room on your memory card and/or phone for photos. Please note: Selfie sticks, especially extendable ones, are a safety hazard and are best left behind
- Please note that we do not allow passengers to use iPads to take photos during flights as they can impede the view of the pilot and other passengers. You're very welcome to bring along another means of taking your photos (phone, camera or GoPro are all great).
Check-in time is 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. This allows time for payment processing and aircraft allocation.
Flight duration is only approximate:
Pricing is in New Zealand dollars and includes GST. Minimum numbers apply.
HAAST Office Hours:
Summer (November-March) 8.30AM to 7.00PM / Winter (April-October) 9.00AM to 5.00PM.
*Please note: snow and mountain landings are subject to weather conditions and are at the pilot’s discretion.